Sunday, June 4, 2017

"Shine Bright" by Anthea

Hey all!  How are you doing today?  I hope everyone is well.
 
Last week my darling daughter, who I am sure you have become fairly familiar with over the past few months, got sick enough that we actually had to take some time off school/work to allow her to get better.  We used the time to sleep, rest, read and do a bit of scrapping.   This was one of my creations.
 
 
My aim in scrapping this was just to have fun. I missed doing the May Mood Board and must have had that on my brain when I started scrapping this as the colours are pretty much identical. 
 
Here are some close ups of my LO.
 
As you can see I have used a ton of D-Lish paper flowers all in the same colour range (I have used cabbage roses, wax flowerswild roses, daises, star flowersroses and some resin flowers too.  I have tucked in little pieces of punchinella to add texture and scattered pearls all over the LO.  Both the little yellow hearts and the pink pearls are from different JAP kits.  I absolutely love the creative cut circles and find they add a gorgeous touch to the LO without overwhelming it.
 

 
I have used lots of little bits from different kits but there was no way that I was going past that gorgeous D-Lish flair from last months JAP kit.  Isn't it pretty!!!!!  I have also tucked in some wood veneer leaves from the same kit.  We have lots more leaves and stems in  the store to choose from here.
 

I wanted my photo to pop a little and I was going to back it with black or grey cardstock but decided yet again that a D-Lish doily would be a lot softer and suit the LO better.  Do you agree?
 


 All in all, this is a very simple LO that I think is a really pretty way of using any flowers up that you have on hand.  (Not that I really need an excuse for that!)
 
 
Until next time have fun scrapping (hopefully you don't have to be sick or have a sick one at home to make the time!)
 
Till next time,
Take care
Anthea


 

No comments:

Post a Comment